The ILMC FOUNDATION and its president Maestro Francesco Lotoro are pleased to announce a partnership with the INNA & MICHAEL ROGATCHI FOUNDATION based in Finland but also active in the rest of Europe, United States, Australia, Israel and many other countries.
The INNA & MICHAEL ROGATCHI FOUNDATION aims to promote and support initiatives in the field of education, conservation of cultural, historical and spiritual heritage, as well as support for cancer patients, the elderly and children in need. It also promotes special art projects, in Finland and other countries. The Foundation was established in 2004 by two extraordinary people: the writer, scholar and filmmaker Inna Rogatchi and her husband Michael Rogatchi, an artist, both engaged in international charitable activities since the late 1980s (see the picture above).
The Rogatchi also founded the association Arts Against Cancer (AAC), whose honorary president was the famous cellist Mstislav Rostropovich. Among the members and supporters of the AAC are personalities such as Maurice Bejart, Vladimir Spivakov, Sir Paul and Linda McCartney, the Queen of Denmark, Barbara Bush and many other distinguished people.
Among the recent projects of the Rogatchi Foundation we can mention:
– The conception, organization and realization of the special cultural and educational project Champions of Humanity, at the European Parliament (2017) and the Finnish Parliament (2018);
– The organization, in partnership with ICEJ and ICEJ, of the special campaign Heart to Share in support of Holocaust survivors, residing at the Elderly House for the Holocaust Survivors, based in Haifa, Israel (2017);
– The organization of the international campaign Caring Hands in support of the earthquake victims in Italy, with the donation of some original works of art, specially created by Michael and Inna Rogatchi (2016-2017);
– Collaborators in a charity campaign with The Rose Foundation (USA) in support of disabled people, providing them with special medical chairs (2015-2016); ;
– The organization of the international charity campaign Sparks of Kindness in support of survivors of the Holocaust in need, based on the documentary of Inna Rogatchi “Lessons of Survival. Conversations with Simon Wiesenthal” (2014-2017);
– The organization and realization of the charity campaign Caring With Love in support of the Aamu Foundation (Finland) and children with cancer, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Rogatchi family’s charitable activities (2014-2015);
– The organization of a series of commemorative events to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Simon Wiesenthal (2015);
– The introduction of the Orphan Stipendium for children from Ukraine, a 5-year program to stimulate the orphaned children to get more from their education;
– The contribution of direct assistance to children hit by the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan in March 2011; psychological comfort to cancer patients in the largest rehabilitation center in Scandinavia and northern Europe, the Meri-Karina, based in Turku, Finland, introducing an exhibition of “art therapy” specifically created for this purpose, with the donation of original pieces to cancer patients and institutions where they are treated.
More information on the Rogatchi Foundation’s activities can be found on the official website: https://www.rogatchifoundation.org/activities/