THE CITADEL OF CONCENTRATIONARY MUSIC
A DREAM THAT BECOMES REALITY
BE A PART OF IT!
A worldwide search that has been going on for 30 years, with over 8 thousand music scores and 10,000 documents of concentrationary music literature recovered: a huge archive that continues to grow, because there is still so much music produced composed between 1933 and 1953 in the prison and extermination camps during WWII that we need to recover – music that is being kept in the homes of the survivors or descendants of those who composed it – and waits to be rescued, studied and performed. This has been and continues to be the mission of the pianist and composer Francesco Lotoro. He has dedicated his life in this great project, creating in 2014 a Foundation (the Institute of Concentrationary Music Literature) and designing – thanks to the architect Nicolangelo Dibitonto – a place where this music will be protected and revived: the Citadel of Concentrationary Music.
It will be located in Puglia, in the ancient spaces of Barletta’s Ex Distillery, which will be restored starting in January 2020: 9000 square meters divided into the Campus of Music Sciences, Multimedia Music Library, Thesaurus Memoriae Museum, Nuovi Cantieri Theatre, International Library of the Twentieth Century, Students Hotel, Café & Restaurant. Francesco Lotoro, and the Foundation chaired by him, have chosen to share with you this wonderful project, so that everyone can become a part of it, supporting it with a donation, even a minimal one, would help in the realization of a dream that belongs to everyone. Read below the simple ways to participate!
“Authentic World Heritage, this music is one of the most important legacies of the universal history received from the deportation phenomenology”
Reviving the music of the Camps means giving voice to an extraordinary heritage of creativity, as well as representing the only possible moral compensation for those who created that music in conditions of deprivation of liberty and, often, of the most basic human rights, finding in it a lifeline against physical and mental annihilation. It wasn’t possible to save the lives of so many deported musicians, the Citadel will save their music reviving it and giving it back to the world.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
– Donating 50 euros, you will be enrolled in the Citadel Gold Register
– Donating 200 euros, you can adopt a brick of the Avenue or Library, where your name will be engraved
– Donating 500 euros, you can adopt a case for exhibitions at the Thesaurus Memoriae Museum engraved with your name
– Donating 1000 euros you can adopt a plinth or a pillar engraved with your name
– Donating 8000 euros you can adopt the unique wooden model of a pavilion, on which your name will be engraved
– Donating 10,000 euros you can adopt an avenue that will be named in your name
– Donating 20,000 euros a memorial stone inside the pavilion will be entitled in your name
– Donating 25,000 euros you can adopt a hall, which will be entitled to you
– Donating 30,000 euros, a golden page will be dedicated to you on the Great Music Encyclopedia “Thesaurus”
– Donating 500,000 euros, an entire pavilion or a square will be named in your name
SEND YOUR DONATION THROUGH BANK TRANSFER HEADED TO:
Istituto di Letteratura Musicale concentrazionaria
IBAN: IT69 B 05034 41350 000000002020
For more information send an email to the address: email@example.com
or contact Francesco Lotoro at the phone number +39 340 238 1725